Eid-ul-Fitr turned grim in Mehsana when a wall of Idgah mosque collapsed during prayers killing two persons and seriously injuring 42 others on Tuesday.
An eight-year-old boy Asif Zakeeb Hussain Sandhi died on the spot and Abdul Sulaiman Dafer (60) died later in the hospital. Around 45 persons were reportedly stuck inside the debris when the wall collapsed.
The fire and emergency officials rescued 42 who have suffered injuries. Those who have suffered grave injuries are Umar Sindhi (45), Alauddin R Sindhi (21), Alauddin C Sindhi (74), Dhajya Sindhi (35) and Virkhan Sindhi (20). The injured persons were shifted to Mehsana civil hospital.
The incident happened when the prayers had just got over and locals were about to leave for home. A majority of the locals of Mehsana had gathered there for special prayers. The Mehsana police that rushed to the spot said that the wall that was 50 to 60 feet high had weakened due to heavy showers in the town last week. The water had accumulated near the mosque and neighbouring areas for hours.
Inspector J B Jadhav ‘B’ division police station Mehsana said, “The wall was really old and the new one was under construction. There was mud and bricks stored on one side for the ongoing renovation. The locals came to wear their shoes after prayers and the wall suddenly collapsed. The families of the victims said that there was negligence from the mosque authorities and that they didn’t repair the wall on time despite the risk of it collapsing.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police added that no formal complaint has been received from the grieving families. The police have registered a case of accidental death under various sections of the Indian Penal Code.