Three people from the city have been arrested in connection with an alleged gangrape of a 17-year-old girl. The victim had walked out of her marriage to a youth at her home state Rajasthan over alleged physical and mental torture, and come to Surat.
One of the accused in absconding.
According to Limbayat police, autorickshaw driver Bhavar Singh Bagel, a resident of Vav village in Kamrej Taluka, Surat and native of Dholpur in Rajasthan, spotted a the victim crying below a fly over bridge in Varachha area on Sunday.
- Almost three decades after a rape, blackmail case rocked Ajmer, surrender of an accused opens old wounds
- 16-year-old alleges gangrape, two held
- Nine accused of raping minor blackmailed her with assault video, says police
- Exhume newborn’s body for paternity test: Delhi court to police
- Shamli woman ‘gangraped’ after her son ‘abducts’ girl
- Four rape cases reported in a day from across Delhi
He identified himself as a native of Dholpur as the girl had told that she had come from Banswada district in Rajasthan. After listening to her story, Bhavar along with other auto drivers took her to a house in Municipal quarters at Godadara. Bhavar’s friend Satish along with his friends Rakesh Bagesh and Naresh Bagel turned up at the room around midnight and raped her.
The girl shouted for help, alerting the neighbours, who rescued her, and informed the police. The men managed to flee the spot.
As per the complaint, the victim was staying with her father in Banswada in Rajasthan and got married to one Ritesh, an auto-driver, around one year ago. She alleged that Ritesh was a habitual drinker and beat her on several occasions.
Police have arrested Bhavar, Satish and Naresh Bagel, while Rakesh is still absconding. The victim was taken to NCH for medical examination on Monday. All the three arrested were on Tuesday produced before court and was granted police remand till July 24 in Limbayat police custody.