Fourteen persons were injured when a local train hit a truck on a level crossing near Morbi town in Rajkot district late on Monday evening.
The incident took place when Morbi-Wankaner Diesel-Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) train hit a truck at the unmanned railway crossing near Bhadiad village,some 10 km south of Morbi at around 8.30 pm,police said Tuesday. The train was on its way to Wankaner from Morbi.
The driver of the truck did not see the train approaching. The train hit the truck in the middle and cut it into two, Morbi taluka Police Sub-Inspector (PSI) Mahipalsinh Jhala said. The trailer was loaded with coal.
Under the impact,the train came to a sudden halt injuring its two pilots and 12 passengers. However,the truck driver managed to escape after the accident.
The passengers hit against seats and berths in the coaches and sustained minor injuries, PSI said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The injured were rushed a government hospital in Morbi and all of them were discharged by Tuesday evening,police said,adding one of the loco pilots was later referred to railway hospital in Rajkot. On the basis of a complaint filed by loco pilots,Morbi police have booked the unidentified truck driver for rash driving and negligence.