One person died on the spot as he reportedly jumped off a 10-storey building after it was engulfed in fire in Punagam area of Surat on Wednesday evening. Four others were reportedly injured in the incident.
The fire broke out in a flat on the 8th floor of the building near Bharat Cancer Hospital and spread into four other flats, said fire officials.
The fire brigade officials carried out a rescue operation and saved 138 people, including women and children, trapped in the 8th floor of the building. They were rushed to SMIMER Hospital where their conditions were reportedly out of danger.
The deceased has been identified Rameshwar Prasad (45). According to sources, the flat in the 8th floor is owned by a diamond merchant. The fire officials said that the cause of the fire might be due to short circuit in the flat.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016