One person died on the spot as he reportedly jumped off a 10-storey building after it was engulfed in fire in Punagam area of Surat on Wednesday evening. Four others were reportedly injured in the incident.
The fire broke out in a flat on the 8th floor of the building near Bharat Cancer Hospital and spread into four other flats, said fire officials.
The fire brigade officials carried out a rescue operation and saved 138 people, including women and children, trapped in the 8th floor of the building. They were rushed to SMIMER Hospital where their conditions were reportedly out of danger.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The deceased has been identified Rameshwar Prasad (45). According to sources, the flat in the 8th floor is owned by a diamond merchant. The fire officials said that the cause of the fire might be due to short circuit in the flat.