A 33-year-old- woman ended her life here on Sunday afternoon. Meenu was reportedly in depression after her failed marriage and lived with her brother’s family in Dugri. A mother of two, she was married in Haibowal and left her home after having issues with her husband and in-laws.
On Sunday, the victim asked her brother to bring sleeping pills for her but he refused, and she had an argument with him. After some time, she jumped from the second floor of the house and died on the spot.
On being informed, Dugri Police reached the spot and initiated investigation.
Investigation officer Assistant Sub-Inspector Darbara Singh said the police handed over the body to the family members after a post-mortem.
He said the police had filed a complaint under Section 174 of the CrPC at Dugri police station following the statement of the victim’s brother. The police would take further action if any of the family members registered a case against any suspected accused.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016