Six of the top-10 most valued Indian companies together added Rs 47,825.79 crore in market valuation, with ONGC and SBI emerging as the biggest gainers.
While ONGC, CIL, HDFC Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank and Sun Pharmaceutical saw gains in their market-capitalisation (m-cap), TCS, RIL, ITC and Infosys suffered losses on the other hand.
The m-cap of ONGC surged Rs 14,458.78 crore to Rs 3,65,191.10 crore, while that of SBI zoomed Rs 12,079.56 crore to Rs 1,88,405.19 crore.
Sun Pharma’s market value jumped Rs 8,849.2 crore to Rs 1,77,452.20 crore, while that of ICICI Bank climbed Rs 6,969.26 crore to Rs 1,77,862.35 crore and HDFC Bank added Rs 5,026.84 crore to Rs 2,04,111.41 crore.
The valuation of CIL rose by Rs 442.15 crore to Rs 2,25,683.70 crore.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In contrast, ITC’s m-cap tanked Rs 10,190.45 crore to Rs 2,73,837.85 crore, while that of TCS plunged Rs 6,835.96 crore to Rs 4,82,170.27 crore.
The market-cap of RIL fell by Rs 1,261.22 crore to Rs 3,22,744.29 crore and that of Infosys went down by Rs 143.56 crore to Rs 2,06,796.80 crore.
TCS continued to rule the top-10 list followed by ONGC, RIL, ITC, CIL, Infosys, HDFC Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank and Sun Pharma.
Over the past week, the BSE benchmark Sensex gained 316.32 points to close at 26,419.55.