Six of the top-10 most valued Indian companies together added Rs 47,825.79 crore in market valuation, with ONGC and SBI emerging as the biggest gainers.
While ONGC, CIL, HDFC Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank and Sun Pharmaceutical saw gains in their market-capitalisation (m-cap), TCS, RIL, ITC and Infosys suffered losses on the other hand.
The m-cap of ONGC surged Rs 14,458.78 crore to Rs 3,65,191.10 crore, while that of SBI zoomed Rs 12,079.56 crore to Rs 1,88,405.19 crore.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sun Pharma’s market value jumped Rs 8,849.2 crore to Rs 1,77,452.20 crore, while that of ICICI Bank climbed Rs 6,969.26 crore to Rs 1,77,862.35 crore and HDFC Bank added Rs 5,026.84 crore to Rs 2,04,111.41 crore.
The valuation of CIL rose by Rs 442.15 crore to Rs 2,25,683.70 crore.
In contrast, ITC’s m-cap tanked Rs 10,190.45 crore to Rs 2,73,837.85 crore, while that of TCS plunged Rs 6,835.96 crore to Rs 4,82,170.27 crore.
The market-cap of RIL fell by Rs 1,261.22 crore to Rs 3,22,744.29 crore and that of Infosys went down by Rs 143.56 crore to Rs 2,06,796.80 crore.
TCS continued to rule the top-10 list followed by ONGC, RIL, ITC, CIL, Infosys, HDFC Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank and Sun Pharma.
Over the past week, the BSE benchmark Sensex gained 316.32 points to close at 26,419.55.