Helped by a smart rally in the market valuation of IT bellwether TCS, the top-seven most valued Indian companies together added Rs 76,793 crore in their market capitalisation (m-cap) last week.
Amid a strong stock market where the benchmark Sensex gained 485.19 points or 1.89 per cent, top-seven companies, including RIL, ITC, CIL, HDFC Bank, Infosys and HDFC, saw surge in their m-cap.
ONGC, SBI and ICICI Bank, however, suffered losses in their market valuation.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Software giant TCS’s market value zoomed Rs 31,790.15 crore to Rs 5,10,238.84 crore, becoming the biggest gainer in the top-10 companies list.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the country’s largest software services exporter, had on Wednesday attained a market valuation of over Rs 5 lakh crore, becoming the first company in Indian markets to achieve this milestone.
The m-cap of RIL surged Rs 14,567.71 crore to Rs 3,30,400.89 crore, while HDFC’s value soared Rs 13,052.61 crore to Rs 1,66,777.61 crore.
ITC saw its market-cap climb Rs 10,418 crore to Rs 2,84,306.96 crore, while Infosys added Rs 5,693.55 crore to Rs 1,92,504.06 crore.
Similarly, HDFC Bank’s value went up by Rs 734.71 crore to Rs 2,01,262.25 crore and that of CIL rose by Rs 536.89 crore to Rs 2,37,621.63 crore.
On the other hand, ONGC lost Rs 8,127.71 crore to Rs 3,42,989.60 crore in its m-cap, while SBI’s value declined by Rs 4,498.1 crore to Rs 1,86,732.86 crore.
The m-cap of ICICI Bank fell by Rs 145.2 crore to Rs 1,70,657.58 crore.
In the ranking of top-10 firms, TCS stood at number position, followed by ONGC, RIL, ITC, CIL, HDFC Bank, Infosys, SBI, ICICI Bank and HDFC.
Over the past week, the BSE benchmark Sensex gained 485.19 points or 1.89 per cent to 26,126.75.