Helped by a smart rally in the market valuation of IT bellwether TCS, the top-seven most valued Indian companies together added Rs 76,793 crore in their market capitalisation (m-cap) last week.
Amid a strong stock market where the benchmark Sensex gained 485.19 points or 1.89 per cent, top-seven companies, including RIL, ITC, CIL, HDFC Bank, Infosys and HDFC, saw surge in their m-cap.
ONGC, SBI and ICICI Bank, however, suffered losses in their market valuation.
Software giant TCS’s market value zoomed Rs 31,790.15 crore to Rs 5,10,238.84 crore, becoming the biggest gainer in the top-10 companies list.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), the country’s largest software services exporter, had on Wednesday attained a market valuation of over Rs 5 lakh crore, becoming the first company in Indian markets to achieve this milestone.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The m-cap of RIL surged Rs 14,567.71 crore to Rs 3,30,400.89 crore, while HDFC’s value soared Rs 13,052.61 crore to Rs 1,66,777.61 crore.
ITC saw its market-cap climb Rs 10,418 crore to Rs 2,84,306.96 crore, while Infosys added Rs 5,693.55 crore to Rs 1,92,504.06 crore.
Similarly, HDFC Bank’s value went up by Rs 734.71 crore to Rs 2,01,262.25 crore and that of CIL rose by Rs 536.89 crore to Rs 2,37,621.63 crore.
On the other hand, ONGC lost Rs 8,127.71 crore to Rs 3,42,989.60 crore in its m-cap, while SBI’s value declined by Rs 4,498.1 crore to Rs 1,86,732.86 crore.
The m-cap of ICICI Bank fell by Rs 145.2 crore to Rs 1,70,657.58 crore.
In the ranking of top-10 firms, TCS stood at number position, followed by ONGC, RIL, ITC, CIL, HDFC Bank, Infosys, SBI, ICICI Bank and HDFC.
Over the past week, the BSE benchmark Sensex gained 485.19 points or 1.89 per cent to 26,126.75.