Shares of budget airline SpiceJet on Monday zoomed 13.5 per cent after the company reported a net profit of Rs 238 crore for the three months to December, staying profitable for the fourth straight quarter.
After a strong opening, the stock shot up 13.47 per cent to Rs 80.40 on BSE.
SpiceJet on Friday reported a net profit of Rs 238.40 crore for the December quarter, mainly on the back of lower fuel costs.
This is also the highest-ever quarterly profit recorded by the carrier, which was facing tough times a year ago.
- After five consecutive quarters of profit, SpiceJet plans NSE listing
- SpiceJet quarterly net profit hits air pocket,falls 10 pct
- Spicejet returns into black,scrip jumps 22.42%
- Spicejet Q3 net down 13.31 per cent
- Dubai World arm sells stake in SpiceJet worth Rs 164 cr
- Spicejet Q1 net profit at Rs 26.34 cr
In the 2014 December quarter, the airline had incurred a net loss of Rs 275.03 crore.
Total income from operations jumped to Rs 1,459.95 crore in the latest December quarter as against Rs 1,311.18 crore in the year-ago period.
“This is the fourth consecutive profitable quarter for SpiceJet since its turnaround after December 2014,” SpiceJet had said in a statement.