The rupee dropped by 12 paise to 62.05 per dollar in late morning trade on good dollar demand from banks and importers despite weakness of the American currency in the overseas market.
The rupee resumed lower at 61.96 per dollar as against the last weekend’s level of 61.93 per dollar the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market and dropped further to 62.09 per dollar before quoting at 62.05 per dollar at 1045 hrs.
It moved in a range of 61.95-62.09 per dollar during the late morning deals.
In New York market, the dollar lost ground against most major rivals on last Friday amid mixed US data on industrial production and consumer sentiment.
Also, the euro advanced amid a report showing the euro-zone economic recovery picked up speed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex moved up by 35.15 points, or 0.17 per cent, to 20,401.97 at 1045 hrs.