The rupee dropped by 12 paise to 62.05 per dollar in late morning trade on good dollar demand from banks and importers despite weakness of the American currency in the overseas market.
The rupee resumed lower at 61.96 per dollar as against the last weekend’s level of 61.93 per dollar the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market and dropped further to 62.09 per dollar before quoting at 62.05 per dollar at 1045 hrs.
It moved in a range of 61.95-62.09 per dollar during the late morning deals.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In New York market, the dollar lost ground against most major rivals on last Friday amid mixed US data on industrial production and consumer sentiment.
Also, the euro advanced amid a report showing the euro-zone economic recovery picked up speed.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex moved up by 35.15 points, or 0.17 per cent, to 20,401.97 at 1045 hrs.