Continuing their record setting spree, the NSE Nifty breached the 8,000-mark for the first time ever and BSE Sensex logged a new peak on the back of positive economic growth data for the April-June quarter.
The Nifty breached 8,000-mark for first time to close at record close of 8,027.70 while the BSE Sensex ended 229.44 points higher at new record high of 26,867.55.
The economy grew at its fastest pace in more than 2 years in June quarter. The GDP grew at 5.7%, data released on Friday showed.
Experts believe corporate earnings are likely to double over the next 4 years. “Near term, our view is that the Indian equity market would be range bound and may correct around 5% over next 2 months. However, we continue to be bullish on the Indian market and believe that buying on dips is a particularly compelling strategy. Our bullishness is driven by our view that the earnings have turned the corner and we will see earnings doubling over the next 4 years. We think market returns could mirror earnings growth,” BofA-ML said in a note.
In the previous six sessions, the gauge has rallied by 323.96 points.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Among sectoral indices, the BSE Capital Goods (1.96%), BSE Consumer Durables (1.84%) and BSE Metal (1.34%) were trading in the green. Among individual stocks, L&T (2.62%), Hero Motocorp (2.57%) and GAIL (2.30%) were among the major gainers.
Larsen & Toubro, Hindalco, State Bank of India (SBI), Maruti Suzuki India, ICICI Bank, Reliance Ind, HeroMoto, Bharti Airtel, Dr Reddy, Bajaj Auto, Coal India, Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Tata Steel, Infosys and Wipro were among prominent gainers that supported the indices to hit record highs.
Among other Asian markets, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng shed 0.15 per cent, while Japan’s Nikkei gained 0.19 per cent in early trade today.