Benchmark indices declined on Friday amid negative global cues as US President Barack Obama authorised air strikes in Iraq.
The BSE benchmark, the Sensex was down more than 300 points or 1.31% down at 25,252.66 points, while the NSE’s Nifty was trading almost 100 points lower at 7551.40 points, at 1.30 pm IST.
The US President Barack Obama on Thursday said that US would provide air support to Iraq which is currently battling militants belonging to the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (ISIS).
Experts believe markets could remain volatile. “Nifty is consolidating within the 7580 to 7780 band, within the broader pattern. Volatile action could continue until Nifty rests in this band, a closing outside this band would set it free for a larger move,” Motilal Oswal Financial Services said in a note.
Among sectoral indices, the BSE Power (-2.17%), BSE Realty (-2.10%) and BSE Metal (-1.66%) were among the major losers. Among individual stocks, M&M (-2.37%), Tata Motors (-2.3%) and Bhel (-2.17%) were trading in the red.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Most Asian indices were trading in the red. The Nikkei (-2.8%), Hang Seng (-0.18%), Kospi (-1.19%), Straits Times (-0.89%), Jakarta Composite (-0.19%) and Taiwan Taiex (-0.66%) were trading lower.
– fe Bureau | Financial Express