Top seven Sensex companies saw a cumulative loss of Rs 90,452.18 crore in their market capitalisation (m-cap) last week, with energy majors ONGC and RIL taking the steepest hit.
The seven companies whose market valuation eroded in the week ended Friday (May 30) include RIL, ONGC, ITC, CIL, SBI, Infosys and ICICI Bank.
On the other hand, TCS, HDFC Bank and new entrant in the top 10 list Larsen & Toubro made gains.
The m-cap of ONGC dropped Rs 25,024.81 crore to Rs 3,23,611.41 crore, while RIL suffered a loss of Rs 20,266.28 crore to Rs 3,44,284.41 crore.
CIL’s market valuation plunged Rs 16,675.21 crore to Rs 2,34,431.86 crore, while that of SBI tumbled Rs 15,928.14 crore to Rs 1,89,771.41 crore.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The m-cap of Infosys tanked Rs 7,177.95 crore to Rs 1,68,911.57 crore, while ICICI Bank shed Rs 4,862.84 crore to Rs 1,63,927.06 crore.
ITC’s market-cap fell by Rs 516.95 crore to Rs 2,71,601.20 crore.
In contrast, TCS added Rs 3,290.66 crore to Rs 4,19,990.45 crore in its valuation.
Similarly, L&T’s value rose by Rs 3,534.38 crore to Rs 1,43,646.38 crore and that of HDFC Bank jumped Rs 1,426.14 crore to Rs 1,90,987.90 crore.
In the ranking of top-10 firms, TCS was at number one position, followed by RIL, ONGC, ITC, CIL, HDFC Bank, SBI, Infosys, ICICI Bank and L&T.
On a weekly basis, the Sensex fell 476 points to 24,217.34.