Top seven Sensex companies saw a cumulative loss of Rs 90,452.18 crore in their market capitalisation (m-cap) last week, with energy majors ONGC and RIL taking the steepest hit.
The seven companies whose market valuation eroded in the week ended Friday (May 30) include RIL, ONGC, ITC, CIL, SBI, Infosys and ICICI Bank.
On the other hand, TCS, HDFC Bank and new entrant in the top 10 list Larsen & Toubro made gains.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
The m-cap of ONGC dropped Rs 25,024.81 crore to Rs 3,23,611.41 crore, while RIL suffered a loss of Rs 20,266.28 crore to Rs 3,44,284.41 crore.
CIL’s market valuation plunged Rs 16,675.21 crore to Rs 2,34,431.86 crore, while that of SBI tumbled Rs 15,928.14 crore to Rs 1,89,771.41 crore.
The m-cap of Infosys tanked Rs 7,177.95 crore to Rs 1,68,911.57 crore, while ICICI Bank shed Rs 4,862.84 crore to Rs 1,63,927.06 crore.
ITC’s market-cap fell by Rs 516.95 crore to Rs 2,71,601.20 crore.
In contrast, TCS added Rs 3,290.66 crore to Rs 4,19,990.45 crore in its valuation.
Similarly, L&T’s value rose by Rs 3,534.38 crore to Rs 1,43,646.38 crore and that of HDFC Bank jumped Rs 1,426.14 crore to Rs 1,90,987.90 crore.
In the ranking of top-10 firms, TCS was at number one position, followed by RIL, ONGC, ITC, CIL, HDFC Bank, SBI, Infosys, ICICI Bank and L&T.
On a weekly basis, the Sensex fell 476 points to 24,217.34.