The rupee weakened 12 paise to quote at 68.74 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on Monday on month-end demand for the American currency from importers and banks.
A firm dollar against some global currencies overseas and a lower opening of the domestic equity market weighed on the rupee, dealers said.
- Rupee recovers from 16-month low, up 15 paise against US dollar
- Rupee recoups 15 paise to 66.75 against US dollar
- Rupee hits fresh three-month low, falls twenty-seven paise against dollar
- Rupee weakens 21 paise against dollar in early trade
- Rupee recoups intra-day losses, closes 5 paise higher
- Rupee slips 6 paise to 64.79 vs US dollar
The rupee bounced back by 10 paise to end at 68.62 against the American currency in Friday’s trade on fag-end selling of dollars on the back of a recovery in the equity market.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 58.60 points, or 0.25 per cent, to 23,095.70 in early trade.