Shares of Gujarat based companies rallied sharply in early trade today, with some hitting 52 week highs, as trend for the 16th Lok Sabha election results showed that BJP-led NDA was headed for a clear victory.
Marketmen said the uptrend this morning indicated that these companies might gain from the BJP/NDA win, which will be led by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi – the Prime Ministerial candidate.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In intra-day trade, stocks of three listed firms of the Gujarat-based Adani Group had soared as much as 17 per cent; Gujarat Pipapav followed closely and surged almost 9 per cent on the BSE, and Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation (5.93 per cent).
Among other gainers Gujarat State Petronet (up 8.41 per cent), Gujarat State Fertilizer (5.49 per cent), Gujarat Narmada (3.08 per cent), Gujarat Gas (2.75 per cent) Arvind Ltd (3.32 per cent), Gujarat Alkali (1.84 per cent) and Cadila (2.07 per cent).
Chemicals stocks such as Gujarat Fluorochemicals and GHCL were among early gainers. Also, textile and pharma companies including Arvind and Zydus Wellness made gains.
The counter for Gujarat-based firms has seen the uptrend since September 13, when Modi was declared as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
Gujarat-based Arvind Ltd has jumped over two-fold since then, while Gujarat Pipavav Port is up over two-fold, Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation up 46.2 per cent, while Cadila up over two-fold, while Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals up 23 per cent. since September 13.
The BJP, marketmen said, is widely perceived as more business-friendly. Japanese brokerage Nomura had said a Modi-led government will trigger up to a 10 per cent rally in the stock market.
The broader market today touched a record high of 25,247.54.