Prices of groundnut and mustard oil drifted lower by up to Rs 100 per quintal at the wholesale oils and oilseeds market Saturday following subdued demand from retailers coupled with adequate stocks position.
However, non-edible oils held steady in thin trade. Traders said muted demand from retailers against sufficient stocks position on increased supplies from producing regions, mainly led to decline in groundnut and mustard oil prices.
In the national capital, groundnut mill delivery (Gujarat) oil fell further by Rs 100 to Rs 12,300 per quintal. Groundnut solvent refined followed suit and shed Rs 50 to Rs 1,900-1,950 per tin.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Mustard expeller oil also fell by Rs 100 to Rs 8,800 per quintal. Mustard pakki and kachi ghani oils too traded lower by 50 each to Rs 1,350-1,395 and Rs 1,400-1,500 per tin, respectively.
Following are Saturday’s quotations (in Rs per quintal):
Oilseeds: Mustard seed Rs 2,950-3,050 and Groundnut seed Rs 2,150-2,900. Vanaspati Ghee (15-litre tin) Rs 800-1,000.
Edible oils: Groundnut Mill Delivery (Gujarat) Rs 12,300, Groundnut Solvent Refined (per tin) Rs 1,900-1,950, Mustard expeller (Dadri) Rs 8,800, Mustard Pakki Ghani (per tin) Rs 1,350-1,395, Mustard Kachi Ghani (per tin) Rs 1,400-1,500, Sesame Mill delivery Rs 7,900, Soybean Refined Mill Delivery (Indore) Rs 6,850, Soybean Degum (Kandla) Rs 6,550, Crude Palm Oil (Ex-Kandla) Rs 4,550, Cottonseed Mill Delivery (Haryana) Rs 6,500, Palmolein (RBD) Rs 6,200, Palmolein (Kandla) Rs 6,250 and Coconut (per tin) Rs 1,700-1,750.
Non-edible oils: Linseed Rs 9,700, Castor Rs 9,750-9,850, Neem Rs 5,350-5,450.