- RBSE 12th results 2018: Rajasthan Board to release Science, Commerce by May 23, not tomorrow
- IPL 2018: Did Preity Zinta say 'very happy that Mumbai is not going to the playoffs'? Video goes viral on social media
- Ajit Doval hasn’t changed policy, just more hardline, says ISI ex-chief General Asad Durrani
Gold prices drifted Rs 245 to Rs 31,303 per 10 gram in futures trade as participants lightened their positions, largely in tandem with a weak trend overseas.
In futures trading, gold for delivery in August was trading Rs 245 or 0.78 per cent down at Rs 31,303 per 10 gram at the Multi Commodity Exchange with a business turnover of 1,490 lots.
The metal for delivery in October plunged by Rs 228 or 0.72 per cent to Rs 31,638 per 10 gram in 49 lots.
- Gold futures slide on weak global cues
- Gold futures fall by Rs 56 on weak global cues
- Gold futures fall lower by over 1 per cent amid weakening global trend
- Gold futures down 0.40 pc to Rs 28,540 on weak global cues
- Gold futures prices marginally up on short-covering
- Gold futures slip from record level
Analysts said a weak trend in the overseas markets where gold dropped after posting the biggest two-day gain in more than seven years following the UK’s vote to exit from the European Union and profit-booking by speculators, weighed on gold futures.
Globally, gold lost 0.6 per cent to $ 1,316.320 an ounce in Singapore.