Gold continued to fall for the fourth straight day at the domestic bullion market on Saturday and lost Rs 80 to trade at over three-month low of Rs 30,240 per 10 grams owing to slackened demand from jewellers even as the metal rose overseas. Silver, however, staged a rebound by gaining Rs 370 to Rs 42,300 per kg on increased offtake by industrial units and coin makers.
Marketmen said tepid demand from jewellers and retailers at domestic spot market at prevailing levels mainly kept pressure on gold prices but a firm trend overseas capped the losses. Globally, gold rose 0.19 per cent to USD 1,257.60 an ounce in New York yesterday. Silver was up 1.39 per cent at USD 17.53 an ounce.
In the national capital, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity fell by Rs 80 each to Rs 30,240 and Rs 30,090 per 10 grams, respectively. The precious metal had lost Rs 930 in previous three days. Sovereign declined by Rs 100 to Rs 24,300 per piece of eight grams.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On the other hand, silver ready rebounded by Rs 370 to Rs 42,300 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs 290 to Rs 41,865 per kg. Silver coins also spurted by Rs 1,000 to Rs 72,000 for buying and Rs 73,000 for selling of 100 pieces.