Tracking the extremely strong sentiment in the equity markets that recorded lifetime highs, as many as 220 stocks hit one-year highs on the BSE today as the trend of general election results showed that Narendra Modi’s BJP-led NDA was headed for a clear victory at the Centre.
Among prominent stocks that touched 52-week highs were: ACC, Adani Ports, Ambuja Cements, Axis Bank, BHEL, BPCL, Coal India, GMR Infra, HDFC, HDFC Bank, HPCL, ICICI Bank, Indian Oil Corp, IOB, ITC, JSW Steel, L&T, Maruti Suzuki, NHPC, ONGC, PNB, RIL, SBI, Tata Motors, Tata Power, Tata Steel.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The BSE 30-share blue-chip index Sensex that opened at 24,271.54 soon zoomed to touch its lifetime high of 25,375.63, recording a sharp gain of 1,470.03 points over its previous close.
Buying was seen across sectors with the BSE bankex index surging 6.68 per cent, becoming the top gainer among the 13 sectoral indices.
Among the 30-Sensex firms, Sesa Sterlite Ltd, ICICI Bank, SBI, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank and Bharti Airtel were the lead gainers.
The BJP-led NDA appears to be heading for a victory in the Lok Sabha elections with the trends in the counting of votes giving the saffron party leads in 257 seats on its own while its allies led in 39 seats.