Leading exchange BSE will on Monday auction investment limits for overseas investors for purchase of government debt securities worth a staggering Rs 12,715 crore. The auction will be conducted on BSE’s ‘ebidxchange’ platform during 1530-1730 hours, after the close of market trading. The debt auction quota gives overseas investors right to invest in the debt, up to the limit purchased.
“Live bidding session for allocation of debt investment limits (worth Rs 12,715 crore) for FII/FPI/sub-accounts shall be conducted on November 7, 2016 on exchange’s ‘ebidxchange’ platform,” BSE said.
Besides, a mock bidding session was conducted on Friday in this regard.
In an online auction conducted last month, the government debt securities had attracted bids worth Rs 9,458 crore from Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) as against Rs 9,333 crore on offer.
To boost inflows of foreign funds into Indian capital markets, regulator Sebi raised the FPI investment limit in government securities to Rs 1.48 lakh crore from October 3 onwards. Prior to that, the limit was Rs 1.44 lakh crore.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
This limit will be further increased to Rs 1.52 lakh crore from January 2 next year.