The benchmark BSE Sensex rose about 59 points in early trade today on increased buying by funds and retail investors amid a mixed trend in other Asian markets.
The 30-share index moved up by 58.90 points, or 0.23 per cent, to 25,427.80 with stocks of power, metals, IT, PSUs, capital goods and realty sectors, leading the gains.
The index had gained 337.58 points in the previous session as fall in global crude oil prices eased inflation concerns.
Similarly, the NSE index Nifty was up by 5.25 points, or 0.07 per cent, to 7,585.45.
Brokers said buying by funds and retail investors and covering-up of pending short positions by speculators ahead of tomorrow’s monthly expiry in the derivatives segment, led to the rise in stock prices.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Among other Asian markets, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index rose 0.24 per cent, while Japan’s Nikkei was down 0.51 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.70 per cent down in yesterday’s trade.