However, disappointing IIP numbers released after market hours on Friday, limited the gain.
Besides, a mixed trend in the other Asian markets also influenced the trading sentiment here.
The 30-share index rose by 108.35 points, or 0.47 per cent, to 22,737.31, with stocks of IT, tech, metals, healthcare and realty sectors leading the rise. The gauge had lost 86.37 points in the previous session on Friday. Markets remained closed yesterday for “Ambedkar Jayanti”.
Similarly, the NSE Nifty edged higher by 12.45 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 6,788.75.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Shares of Infosys rallied by 3.31 per cent to Rs 3,343 in early trade.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei gained 1.14 per cent while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng shed 0.14 per cent in morning trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.91 per cent higher in yesterday’s trade.