NSE Nifty index rose over 1 percent on Monday to a record high as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank surged after Prime Minister Narendra Modi vowed to fire up the bureaucracy to deliver results in his Independence Day speech , while easing wholesale inflation also helped.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The broader 50-share index rose as much as 1.14 percent to 7,880.50, surpassing its previous all-time high of 7,840.95 hit on July 25.
ICICI Bank rose 3.6 percent, while Larsen & Toubro (L&T) advanced 2.2 percent.