The BSE Sensex today soared to a new record high of 22,812.36 in opening trade on sustained foreign capital inflows and tracking positive domestic cues including robust corporate earnings.
The NSE Nifty also rose 9.55 points, or 0.14 per cent, to trade at a fresh high of 6,827.20, surpassing the previous intra-day high of 6,825.45 reached yesterday. The 30-share index, which had gained over 487 points in the previous two sessions, climbed to another record of 22.812.36 by rising 47.53 points, or 0.20 per cent.
All the sectoral indices, led by realty and capital goods, were trading in positive territory with gains up to 0.72 per cent.
Brokers said sustained buying by funds and retail investors, driven by encouraging fourth quarter earnings by bluechip companies and positive economic factors, helped the Sensex and Nifty to scale life-time highs. The BSE realty sector index gained the most by rising 0.72 per cent, while capital goods sector index up 0.60 per cent.
In the Asian region, Japan’s Nikkei rose 0.30 per cent, while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng shed 0.24 per cent in early trade today.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 0.25 per cent higher in yesterday’s trade on the back of strong corporate earnings this season.