The benchmark BSE Sensex gained over 83 points to hit another record-high of 25,924.25 in opening trade today on strong rally in FMCG, metal, consumer durable, PSUs and oil & gas stocks amid sustained capital inflows.
Hitting a new peak for the second straight session, the 30-share barometer surged 83.04 points, or 0.32 per cent, to trade at 25,924.25, surpassing its previous intra-day high of 25,864.53 reached yesterday.
The gauge has rallied over 778 points in the past four sessions.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
On similar lines, the National Stock Exchange index Nifty continued its winning streak to reach a new record-high of 7,751.75, rising 26.60 points, or 0.34 per cent.
Brokers said trading sentiments remained positive as foreign investors indulged in pumping more funds into Indian equities on optimism that the Budget next week would have strong measures to put finances and the economy back on track.
Besides, a mixed trend in other Asian markets also influenced the sentiments here, they said.
Hong Kong’s Hang Seng rose 0.03 per cent while Japan’s Nikkei shed 0.06 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.12 per cent higher in yesterday’s trade.
BSE Sensex likely to open higher on strong FII flows
(Reuters) The BSE benchmark Sensex is likely to start higher and may hit a fresh record high for the second straight day on the back of strong overseas fund flows and continued optimism ahead of the general budget due on July 10.
NSE index futures traded on the Singapore Exchange rise 0.37 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index is up 0.09 percent.
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 12.90 billion rupees on Wednesday, provisional exchange data shows.
Market will take a close look at the India services PMI data for the month of June, due later the day.
Shares in GMR Infrastructure and Jaiprakash Associates will be in the limelight after the companies launched a share sale to institutions late on Wednesday.