The benchmark BSE Sensex gained over 61 points in early trade today on sustained and selective buying by funds and retail investors ahead of RBI’s policy meet.
Continuing yesterday’s winning streak, the 30-share index rose further by 61.03 points, or 0.24 per cent, to 25,784.19, with all the sectoral indices, led by auto and banking, trading in positive zone with gains up to 0.62 per cent.
The Sensex had gained over 242.32 points in the previous session.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose 13.95 points, or 0.18 per cent, to 7,697.60 in early trade.
Brokers said selective buying by cautious funds and retail investors ahead of RBI’s bi-monthly policy review later in the day influenced the trading sentiments.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Among other Asian markets, Hong Kong Hang Seng gained 0.32 per cent, while Japan’s Nikkei was up by 0.21 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.46 per cent higher in yesterday’s trade.