The BSE Sensex climbed to a new record high of 22,769.20 in early trade today on sustained buying by funds and retail investors amid a firming trend in Asian markets.
The 30-share index, which had gained 358.89 points in the previous session, rose further by 66.86 points, or 0.29 per cent, to 22,769.20 points.
The wide-based NSE Nifty moved up by 14.40 points, or 0.21 per cent, to 6,810.60.
Brokers said continued buying by funds as well as retail investors, tracking a firming trend on the other Asian bourses, mainly buoyed the trading sentiment.
They said the rally was led by stocks of realty, auto, power, oil and gas, capital goods and health care sectors.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Among Asian markets, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index rose by 0.47 per cent, while Japan’s Nikkei moved up by 0.69 per cent in early trade today.