The benchmark Sensex rose for the third straight day and closed 183.75 points up at new closing peak of 25,580.21 enthused by Narendra Modi-led government’s investor friendly economic agenda.
Bajaj Auto, Coal India and L&T led the 20 Sensex gainers. Ten of the twelve BSE sectoral indices ended in the green with realty, power, capital goods and consumer durables notching up the best gains. Investor wealth rose about Rs 1 lakh crore as over 2,300 stocks rose of the 3,167 traded today on BSE.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Surpassing all previous records, the NSE Nifty crossed the 7,600 points for the first time on continued fund inflows.
Impressive US jobs report and an upward revision of Japanese economic growth and last week’s ECB stimulus to boost the eurozone economy, also aided the domestic sentiment.
President Pranab Mukherjee today expressed government’s commitment to put India back on high growth path, while containing inflation and making tax regime non-adversarial.
“Positive remarks from President Pranab Mukherjee in his speech, indicating necessary reforms to be taken which will be growth oriented, boosted the market sentiment,” said Nidhi Saraswat, Senior Research Analyst, Bonanza Portfolio Ltd.
The 30-share BSE index climbed 183.75 points, or 0.72 per cent to close at a new lifetime high of 25,580.21 after hitting an intra-day new record high of 25,644.77. The Sensex’s previous closing peak was 25,396.46 hit on Friday.
In three days, Sensedx has now gained nearly 775 points. The NSE Nifty breached the 7,600 mark for the first time and scaled a fresh record high of 7,673.70. It ended with a gain of 71.20 points, or 0.94 per cent, at a new closing high of 7,654.60 – breaking previous record closing of 7,583.40 and intra-day record high of 7,592.70 on last Friday.
FIIs bought shares worth Rs 1,283.04 crore last Friday, taking investments to nearly Rs 50,000 crore this year.
Sectorwise, the BSE Realty index rose by 5.61 per cent, followed by Capital Goods index 2.33 per cent higher, Power 2.15 per cent, Consumer Durables 1.82 per cent and Metal 1.73 per cent, among others.
In line with bullish sentiment, the BSE Small-cap index gained 2.13 per cent and Mid-cap index rose 1.47 per cent.
Stocks of infrastructure sector companies, led by 3.51 per cent surge in Larsen and Toubro, were among prominent gainers. Punj Lloyd zoomed 8.56 per cent, Welspun Corp 5.43 per cent and Suzlon 4.95 per cent.