The benchmark Sensex rose for the third straight day and closed 183.75 points up at new closing peak of 25,580.21 enthused by Narendra Modi-led government’s investor friendly economic agenda.
Bajaj Auto, Coal India and L&T led the 20 Sensex gainers. Ten of the twelve BSE sectoral indices ended in the green with realty, power, capital goods and consumer durables notching up the best gains. Investor wealth rose about Rs 1 lakh crore as over 2,300 stocks rose of the 3,167 traded today on BSE.
Surpassing all previous records, the NSE Nifty crossed the 7,600 points for the first time on continued fund inflows.
Impressive US jobs report and an upward revision of Japanese economic growth and last week’s ECB stimulus to boost the eurozone economy, also aided the domestic sentiment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
President Pranab Mukherjee today expressed government’s commitment to put India back on high growth path, while containing inflation and making tax regime non-adversarial.
“Positive remarks from President Pranab Mukherjee in his speech, indicating necessary reforms to be taken which will be growth oriented, boosted the market sentiment,” said Nidhi Saraswat, Senior Research Analyst, Bonanza Portfolio Ltd.
The 30-share BSE index climbed 183.75 points, or 0.72 per cent to close at a new lifetime high of 25,580.21 after hitting an intra-day new record high of 25,644.77. The Sensex’s previous closing peak was 25,396.46 hit on Friday.
In three days, Sensedx has now gained nearly 775 points. The NSE Nifty breached the 7,600 mark for the first time and scaled a fresh record high of 7,673.70. It ended with a gain of 71.20 points, or 0.94 per cent, at a new closing high of 7,654.60 – breaking previous record closing of 7,583.40 and intra-day record high of 7,592.70 on last Friday.
FIIs bought shares worth Rs 1,283.04 crore last Friday, taking investments to nearly Rs 50,000 crore this year.
Sectorwise, the BSE Realty index rose by 5.61 per cent, followed by Capital Goods index 2.33 per cent higher, Power 2.15 per cent, Consumer Durables 1.82 per cent and Metal 1.73 per cent, among others.
In line with bullish sentiment, the BSE Small-cap index gained 2.13 per cent and Mid-cap index rose 1.47 per cent.
Stocks of infrastructure sector companies, led by 3.51 per cent surge in Larsen and Toubro, were among prominent gainers. Punj Lloyd zoomed 8.56 per cent, Welspun Corp 5.43 per cent and Suzlon 4.95 per cent.