Stocks of three listed firms of Gujarat-based Adani Group today ended as much as 6 per cent higher on the clear mandate given by voters to the BJP-led NDA.
Adani Enterprises’ stock that gained 16.87 per cent to Rs 585 — its 52-week high in intra-day trade, finally ended at Rs 530.90, up 6.06 per cent at the BSE.
Shares of Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone rose by 1.95 per cent to close at Rs 224.65, while Adani Power was up 1.27 per cent to Rs 55.65.
“D-street welcomed Modi with full pomp and show,” said Vivek Gupta, Director Research, CapitalVia Global Research Ltd.
Stocks of Ahmedabad-headquartered Adani Group, especially Adani Enterprises, have been on a roll since BJP announced Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections on September 13 last year.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Adani Enterprises, the flagship company of the Adani Group, has gained the most among the three-listed firms.
Shares of Adani Enterprises jumped over three-fold, Adani Ports climbed 65.36 per cent and Adani Power gained 53.94 per cent since September 13 last year.
The collective market valuation of these three firms rose by over Rs 62,000 crore in eight months to over Rs 1 lakh crore.
The USD 8.7 billion Adani group’s business interests in Gujarat include a port and thermal power project in Mundra.
Trends have indicated a clear majority for Narendra Modi- led BJP in Lok Sabha polls.
In the broader market, the Sensex today surpassed the 25,000-mark and surged 1,470 points to hit a new life-time high of 25,375.63. The index concluded at 24,121.74, a gain of 216.14 points or 0.90 per cent.