Stocks of three listed firms of Gujarat-based Adani Group today ended as much as 6 per cent higher on the clear mandate given by voters to the BJP-led NDA.
Adani Enterprises’ stock that gained 16.87 per cent to Rs 585 — its 52-week high in intra-day trade, finally ended at Rs 530.90, up 6.06 per cent at the BSE.
Shares of Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone rose by 1.95 per cent to close at Rs 224.65, while Adani Power was up 1.27 per cent to Rs 55.65.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“D-street welcomed Modi with full pomp and show,” said Vivek Gupta, Director Research, CapitalVia Global Research Ltd.
Stocks of Ahmedabad-headquartered Adani Group, especially Adani Enterprises, have been on a roll since BJP announced Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections on September 13 last year.
Adani Enterprises, the flagship company of the Adani Group, has gained the most among the three-listed firms.
Shares of Adani Enterprises jumped over three-fold, Adani Ports climbed 65.36 per cent and Adani Power gained 53.94 per cent since September 13 last year.
The collective market valuation of these three firms rose by over Rs 62,000 crore in eight months to over Rs 1 lakh crore.
The USD 8.7 billion Adani group’s business interests in Gujarat include a port and thermal power project in Mundra.
Trends have indicated a clear majority for Narendra Modi- led BJP in Lok Sabha polls.
In the broader market, the Sensex today surpassed the 25,000-mark and surged 1,470 points to hit a new life-time high of 25,375.63. The index concluded at 24,121.74, a gain of 216.14 points or 0.90 per cent.