At least three Surat-based real estate firms, which recently declared black money under the Income Disclosure Scheme (IDS), have been raided by the central excise officials for alleged evasion of service tax.
A realtor’s office in Surat was searched Tuesday evening. Excise officials slapped a penalty of Rs 13 lakh on the firm for evasion of service tax, sources said.
Owner of the firm said, “The reason for our active participation in the IDS was the belief that we will not face such raids. We have made a great mistake by taking part in the IDS.”
Two other real estate firms raided were in Parle Point and Ghod Dod Road areas of Surat. Names of the firms have been withheld because of the confidentiality clause under the IDS.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest