- IPL 2018 Final Highlights CSK vs SRH As it happened: Shane Watson hundred wins third IPL title for CSK
- Jawaharlal Nehru death anniversary Highlights: Pranab Mukherjee lauds India's first PM for his contribution to democracy
- IPL 2018 Final social media highlights: CSK wins IPL for the THIRD time; Twitterati jump out of joy
Days after claiming success in ensuring RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan does not get a second term, BJP leader and Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy has now trained his guns on Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian.
In tweets early Wednesday morning, Swamy said it was time for the government to sack the CEA claiming he wasn’t in agreement with the BJP government’s policies including, most recently, its IPR policy.
“Modi’s chief economic adviser Arvind Subramanian had opposed India on IPR till recently,” Swamy tweeted.
“Who said to US Cong on 13/3/13 the US should act against India to defend US Pharmaceuticals interests? Arvind Subramanian MoF !! Sack him!!!” Swamy said in another tweet.
- Swamy takes on Arvind Subramanian again, terms continuance ‘tolerance’
- Swamy’s remarks prove that govt’s economic policies are failure: Congress
- BJP distances itself from Swamy’s remarks against CEA Subramanian
- FinMin responds to Swamy’s attack: ‘Knew of CEA Arvind Subramanian’s stance on IPR before hand’
- Next on Subramanian Swamy’s list — CEA Arvind Subramanian
- Swamy’s real target is Arun Jaitley, not Arvind Subramanian: Digvijaya Singh
Speaking to news agency ANI Wednesday morning, Swamy said: “Such people who can fail our government, such people should be tossed out. Now, it has been two years. He (Arvind) used to work in America, don’t even know if he’s a citizen or not but I’m sure he has a green card (sic).”
Arvind Subramnian was appointed economic advisor to the Government of India in October 2014, succeeding RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan.