The rupee lost some ground as it weakened by 8 paise to 67.35 against the dollar at the forex market on Tuesday following fresh demand for the American unit from importers and banks amid a lower opening in domestic equities.
The dollar firmed up against some global currencies, which weighed on the rupee, dealers said.
- Rupee gains 5 paise against US dollar
- Rupee gains 4 paise against dollar in early trade
- Rupee gains 8 paise against United States dollar in early trade
- Rupee slumps 16 paise against dollar
- Rupee declines 7 paise against dollar in early trade
- Rupee falls for 3rd straight day; down 6 paise at 55.8 vs US dollar
On Monday, the local currency rose 5 paise to close at a two-week high of 67.27 on sustained selling of dollars by banks and exporters on the back of a higher opening in the domestic stock market.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex fell 33.44 points, or 0.12 per cent, to 27,245.32 in early trade.