In its maiden Rail Budget on Tuesday, the NDA government is likely to announce the launch of a new concept for the business traveller — “Office on Wheels”.
According to sources, the Railways Ministry is planning to set up cabins equipped with computers, printers, internet and refreshments in a few coaches of select trains — mainly Shatabdis and some medium-distance AC Express trains — on a pilot basis to provide work-related amenities for corporates on the move.
“This dedicated space would offer business travellers all the facilities they require to perform their official tasks,” said a source. The department is expected to charge a substantial amount, over and above the fare, from those who opt for the “Office on Wheels” facility.
Sources said the Railways has already identified several routes which see a high number of business travellers. “ We feel there will be enough takers for this concept, even if they have to pay extra,” said a Railways official.
Another announcement that Railways Minister D V Sadananda Gowda may make is the setting-up of a suburban railway network in Bangalore. With the passenger fares being increased a few days back, the Rail Budget is expected to present a stable financial position. “The focus will be on mopping up revenues and meeting financial targets,” said a source.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked