In its maiden Rail Budget on Tuesday, the NDA government is likely to announce the launch of a new concept for the business traveller — “Office on Wheels”.
According to sources, the Railways Ministry is planning to set up cabins equipped with computers, printers, internet and refreshments in a few coaches of select trains — mainly Shatabdis and some medium-distance AC Express trains — on a pilot basis to provide work-related amenities for corporates on the move.
“This dedicated space would offer business travellers all the facilities they require to perform their official tasks,” said a source. The department is expected to charge a substantial amount, over and above the fare, from those who opt for the “Office on Wheels” facility.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sources said the Railways has already identified several routes which see a high number of business travellers. “ We feel there will be enough takers for this concept, even if they have to pay extra,” said a Railways official.
Another announcement that Railways Minister D V Sadananda Gowda may make is the setting-up of a suburban railway network in Bangalore. With the passenger fares being increased a few days back, the Rail Budget is expected to present a stable financial position. “The focus will be on mopping up revenues and meeting financial targets,” said a source.