Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar today called upon Indian manufacturers to produce set top boxes to meet the growing demand created by the cable TV digitisation drive, and sought their suggestions to take the indigenisation process forward.
Javadekar sought suggestions directly through e-mail or his twitter account.
“I invite Indian manufacturers to produce and provide set top boxes for indigenisation of digitisation,” Javadekar posted on Twitter.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Manufacturers may contact me on my twitter with hashtag #indigenisationOfDigitisation or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org,” he said in another tweet.
“I’ll take the suggestions from Indian manufacturers to take #IndigenisationOfDigitisation forward,” he said in yet another tweet.
The erstwhile UPA government had embarked on the digitisation drive for the cable TV sector, which required installation of set top boxes (STBs).
However, during the first two phases of digitisation that covered major cities, the vast majority of STBs installed were made by foreign manufacturers.
As per the deadline set up by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, the digitisation drive should cover the entire country by the end of this year for which crores of STBs are required.