India’s largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Saturday reported a marginal decline in total sales at 1,09,104 units in February, against 1,09,567 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales rose by 1.8 per cent during the month to 99,758 units as against 97,955 units in February, 2013.
Sales of mini segment cars — M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR — declined by 9.6 per cent to 37,342 units as compared to 41,311 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
The company said sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo and Ritz increased by 19.4 per cent to 28,672 units in February as against 24,021 units in the same month last year.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The sales of popular compact sedan Dzire rose marginally during the month to 18,353 units as against 18,316 units in February, 2013.
The company’s mid-sized sedan SX4 registered a 6 per cent increase in sales at 228 units as against 215 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.
Sales of utility vehicles — Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga — stood at 5,231 units in February this year, down 12.2 per cent from 5,957 units in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of vans — Omni and Eeco — rose by 22.1 per cent to 9,932 units in February, against 8,133 units in the same period of previous year.
The company’s total exports during the month declined 19.5 per cent to 9,346 units as compared to 11,612 units in the same month last year, MSI said.