Indian companies’ foreign borrowings were at USD 2.46 billion in September, down 5.8 per cent from a year ago. This year’s September data also included borrowings through rupee denominated bonds (RBD) by Indian companies for the first time after the Reserve Bank allowed them to raise money from such sources. In September 2015, India Inc’s borrowings from overseas market (not including RBD) stood at USD 2.61 billion. The money by the Indian companies was raised through external commercial borrowings (ECBs) and RBDs route, data from RBI showed.
Seven companies raised a total of USD 889.09 million (Rs 5,933.6 crore) through rupee denominated bonds during the month. Those taking RBD route included HDFC Ltd USD 224.76 million (Rs 1,500 crore), Shriram Transport Finance Co USD 449.52 million (Rs 3,000 crore) and Indiabulls Housing Finance USD 199.29 million (Rs 1,330 crore), each for the purpose of sub lending.
In the ECB category, the companies raised USD 1.19 billion from automatic route and USD 387.07 million from approval route. In approval route, Indiabulls Housing Finance raised USD 200 million for on-lending, Rural Electrification Corporation USD 100 million for on-lending and Indian Synthetic Rubber Pvt Ltd USD 66.60 million for refinancing of earlier ECB.
Those raising capital in an automatic route included Reliance Sibur Elastomers USD 330 million for rupee expenditure and Wipro USD 150 million for refinancing of earlier ECB.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More