India’s exports grew by 10.22 per cent to USD 26.4 billion in June this year while imports stood at USD 38.24 billion, up by 8.33 per cent, leaving a trade deficit of USD 11.76 billion, according to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry’s data.
Country’s exports stood at USD 24 billion in June last year while imports were at USD 35.3 billion, the data showed.
Exports in May rose by 12.4 per cent to USD 28 billion over the same month a year ago, while imports fell by 11.4 per cent to USD 39.23 billion.
In the April-June period, exports grew by 9.31 per cent to USD 80.11 billion.
Imports, however, dipped by 6.92 per cent to USD 113.19 billion during the first three months of this financial year.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Trade deficit during the period stood at USD 33.08 billion.
Oil imports increased by 10.9 per cent in June to USD 13.34 billion. Non-oil imports during the month under review were up by 7 per cent to USD 24.9 billion.
Country’s gold imports were up by 65.13 per cent to USD 3.12 billion in June this year from USD 1.88 billion in the same month last year.