The strength of the global economic recovery could be “less robust than expected” and more must be done to boost international monetary supply, IMF chief Christine Lagarde warned today.
“We are seeing global activity pick up, but the momentum could be less robust than expected because potential growth is weaker… (and) investment remains lacklustre,” Lagarde told a conference in the southern French town of Aix-en-Provence.
Last month the European Central Bank cut its key interest rates, including taking one into negative territory for the first time, in a bid to boost Europe’s stalling economic recovery.
Similar measures by central banks around the world have played their part in helping countries to recover from the global financial crisis started in late 2008 but now have hit their limit, the head of the International Monetary Fund said.
“The measures to sustain demand, despite the best intentions of central banks, are finding their limit. It is there for evident, from our point of view, to reinforce supply capacity in order to strengthen the recovery,” said Lagarde.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More