Standard & Poor’s said the Indian government budget would not have an impact on the country’s sovereign ratings until the agency could see how the measures will be implemented, especially regarding meeting the fiscal deficit target.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said last week India would stick to the fiscal deficit target of 4.1 percent of gross domestic product for the year ending in March 2015 unveiled by the previous government.
“We think the budget is favourable to credit fundamentals to the extent that fiscal debt and interest ratios are expected to continue to improve,” said Agost Benard, an associate director, at Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services during a teleconference with reporters.
“But it remains to be seen how and to what extent will the various measures proposed be implemented and in particular how the deficit targets will be met,” he added.
The comments reiterated S&P’s statement last week after the budget. S&P is the only one of the three major credit agencies to have a “negative” outlook on India.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched