Even as the state of the economy poses numerous challenges, the priorities of the Narendra Modi government can be bracketed under three broad heads keeping the priorities highlighted in the BJP’s manifesto as a guide:
Taming inflation: Achieving greater efficiency in the Food Corporation of India’s operations and setting up a price stabilisation fund. Will also set up special courts to stop hoarding and black marketing.
Tempering interest rates: Addressing supply-side concerns and pursuing interest rate cuts to stoke growth.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Simplified tax regime: Bringing in Goods and Services Tax. Addressing ongoing tax related fights and overhaul dispute resolution mechanisms.
Reviving Industry: Single-window clearance at Centre/state level. Coordinated approach for environmental clearances. Foreign direct investment boost.
Promote Manufacturing: Promoting labour-intensive mass manufacturing through interest rate rationalisation, stable tax policy. Labour reforms. To work towards removing
Infrastructure: Diamond Quadrilateral project with high-speed train network, National policy on natural resources