India’s third largest software services firm Wipro today said it plans to expand its workforce in Ireland by up to 100 people within a year to meet increasing business requirements.
Currently, the Shannon Development Centre employs over 200 professionals, delivering IT and business process services’ (BPS) offerings to marquee retail banking and insurance customers across Ireland and the UK.
“Buoyed by the rising demand for services, Wipro plans to increase the headcount by up to 50 per cent over the next 12 months,” Wipro said in a statement.
The centre is a regulated entity through the Central Bank of Ireland and complies with the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) in the UK.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Ireland today offers a great talent pool and excellent infrastructure support. We are seeing a lot of interest from banks in the region for services around business resilience, risk and compliance, simplification, digital, mobility and analytics,” Wipro Senior Vice President and Head of Banking and Financial Services Rajan Kohli said.
The firm has received positive feedback from its clients and Wipro is committed to delivering world class solutions and building on its existing footprint to create job opportunities in the local market, he added.