John Stumpf resigned from the boards of Chevron Corp and Target Corp a week after he quit Wells Fargo & Co as chief executive bowing to pressure over its sales tactics. Stumpf resigned for personal reasons and not as a result of a disagreement with Chevron, the second largest US-based oil producer said in a regulatory filing on Tuesday.
Chevron said on Oct. 3 that it supported Stumpf despite concerns about his leadership at Wells Fargo. Target did not give a reason for Stumpf’s resignation. Stumpf joined the boards of Chevron and Target in 2010.
Stumpf, who notified the companies’ boards on Monday that he intends to resign, still serves on the board of Financial Services Roundtable, an advocacy group for the US financial industry.
Wells Fargo said on Oct. 12 that Stumpf, 63, was retiring and would be replaced by President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Sloan.
Stumpf’s fall from grace started with a $185 million regulatory settlement among the bank, regulatory authorities and a Los Angeles prosecutor over its staff opening as many as 2 million accounts without customers’ knowledge.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The misconduct, carried out by low-level branch staff to meet internal sales targets, shattered the bank’s image and a raft of federal and state investigations followed.