Vodafone India has blocked incoming calls from Loop Mobile customers to its network in Mumbai for non-payment of interconnection charges.
As per sectoral regulator Trai, a mobile operator on whose network a call originates has to pay charges to the telecom company on whose network the call terminates.
The current termination charge is 10 paisa a minute.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Incoming calls from Loop mobile are temporarily restricted, due to non-payment of interconnect dues by Loop Mobile,” Vodafone India spokesperson said.
Vodafone said these payments were long overdue and it was forced to do this (restriction of calls).
The spokesperson, however, did not specify the amount due to Loop Mobile.
When contacted a Loop Mobile spokesperson said that the company is trying to resolve the matter.
Vodafone is Mumbai’s largest operator by subscribers currently. Loop Mobile is in the process of transferring its assets and customers to Bharti Airtel, under a strategic agreement announced in February. Although Airtel did not share the amount of the deal but industry sources estimated it to be worth Rs 700 crore.
Loop has over 3 million subscribers in Mumbai.