Delhi International Airport (Pvt) Ltd (DIAL) and Vodafone India have partnered to provide high speed Wi-Fi services at both terminals of the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport, a company statement said on Tuesday.
DIAL is a GMR-led consortium. The service is now launched and available for fliers to use at the IGI Airport following successful trials over three months. Vodafone’s pre-paid or post-paid customers can now avail complementary Wi-Fi facilities at both terminals of the airport.
The customers of Vodafone going in for a 1GB and 2GB, 3G or 4G pack or recharge, will get 1GB free Wi-Fi which can be used at India’s largest Wi-Fi zone at the IGI Airport or any other Wi-Fi zone powered by Vodafone, the statement said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch what else is in the news
“DIAL has now enabled mobile data offload service platform at the airport that promises to make internet access on mobile devices both fast and simple. Our strong partnership with Vodafone shall also ensure airport customers get to experience the best quality internet service using airport’s robust Wi-Fi network, the largest single Wi-Fi hotspot in India,” said I. Prabhakara Rao, CEO of DIAL.
“Over one lakh inbound and outbound travellers use the IGI Airport each day. Our endeavour to offer Wi-Fi at the airport, will keep these travellers confidently connected on multiple devices, while they are transiting,” said Sandeep Kataria, Director-Commercial, Vodafone India. “Flying in and out of Delhi will now be more fun for Vodafone customers who can also enjoy this free 1GB Wi-Fi seamlessly,” he added.