UB Group chairman Vijay Mallya, who also heads the USL board, has been steadily losing shares as lenders have been invoking pledges.
Even as Diageo is looking to increase its shareholding in United Spirits Ltd (USPL) with a recently concluded open offer, Vijay Mallya’s stake in the country’s largest liquor company is under threat. The UB Group chairman, who also heads the USL board, has been steadily losing shares as lenders have been invoking pledges. Now, his total stake in USL has dipped below 5%, going by the company’s regulatory filings with the stock exchanges on Monday.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Last week, a lender invoked 4.82 lakh pledged shares of United Breweries Holdings (UBHL) and 1.7 million pledged shares of Kingfisher Finvest, according to regulatory filings. They did not specify the lender’s name. With the latest invocation of pledged shares, UBHL is now left with 2.98% stake and Kingfisher Finvest 1.14%.
The development came alongside the open offer by Diageo, which concluded on Thursday. The British firm, which currently holds 28.78% in USL, had offered to acquire an additional 26% from public shareholders of USL at R3,030 a share. Diageo is expected to announce the result of the offer next week.
The USL scrip closed at R2,592.30, down 3.47%, on the Bombay Stock Exchange on Monday.
fe Bureau | The Financial Express