UB Group chairman Vijay Mallya, who also heads the USL board, has been steadily losing shares as lenders have been invoking pledges.
Even as Diageo is looking to increase its shareholding in United Spirits Ltd (USPL) with a recently concluded open offer, Vijay Mallya’s stake in the country’s largest liquor company is under threat. The UB Group chairman, who also heads the USL board, has been steadily losing shares as lenders have been invoking pledges. Now, his total stake in USL has dipped below 5%, going by the company’s regulatory filings with the stock exchanges on Monday.
Last week, a lender invoked 4.82 lakh pledged shares of United Breweries Holdings (UBHL) and 1.7 million pledged shares of Kingfisher Finvest, according to regulatory filings. They did not specify the lender’s name. With the latest invocation of pledged shares, UBHL is now left with 2.98% stake and Kingfisher Finvest 1.14%.
The development came alongside the open offer by Diageo, which concluded on Thursday. The British firm, which currently holds 28.78% in USL, had offered to acquire an additional 26% from public shareholders of USL at R3,030 a share. Diageo is expected to announce the result of the offer next week.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The USL scrip closed at R2,592.30, down 3.47%, on the Bombay Stock Exchange on Monday.
fe Bureau | The Financial Express