Combined market valuation of 9 of the top 10 most valued Indian companies plummeted by Rs 57,065.11 crore last week, with ITC taking the sharpest hit.
Barring TCS, the rest including RIL, HDFC Bank, Infosys and HDFC suffered losses in their market capitalisation for the week ended Friday.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
ITC’s valuation plunged by Rs 14,883.32 crore to Rs 2,92,281.77 crore.
The m-cap of HDFC Bank slumped Rs 10,117.75 crore to Rs 3,23,728.24 crore and that of HUL declined by Rs 9,198.16 crore to Rs 1,87,815.76 crore.
RIL’s valuation tanked Rs 6,761.87 crore to Rs 3,50,936.37 crore and that of HDFC diminished by Rs 4,939.04 crore to Rs 2,20,655.98 crore.
The market cap of CIL dipped by Rs 3,916.15 crore to Rs 2,03,734.33 crore and ONGC lost Rs 3,251.09 crore to Rs 2,19,619.43 crore.
Similar was the case with SBI which saw an erosion of Rs 2,872.23 crore to Rs 1,94,612.82 crore and Infosys too suffered a loss of Rs 1,125.5 crore to Rs 2,38,445.83 crore.
On the other hand, TCS added Rs 5,891.58 crore to Rs 4,78,262.27 crore in its m-cap.
In terms of ranking, TCS stood at number one position followed by RIL, HDFC Bank, ITC, Infosys, HDFC, ONGC, CIL, SBI and HUL.
Over the past week, the BSE benchmark Sensex ended at 27,865.96, a heavy loss of 802.26 points or 2.80 per cent.