Tuesday, Oct 21, 2014

TCS, Mitsubishi to form software services company

TCS will hold 51 per cent while Mitsubishi will hold the remaining 49 per cent of the entity. TCS will hold 51 per cent while Mitsubishi will hold the remaining 49 per cent of the entity.
Mumbai | Posted: April 21, 2014 9:49 am | Updated: April 21, 2014 10:22 am

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India’s top IT services, consulting and business solutions firm announced today that it signed a definitive agreements with Mitsubishi Corporation (MC), one of Japan’s largest integrated business enterprises to merge TCS Japan, ITF and NTSC.

TCS will hold 51 per cent in the merged entity while Mitsubishi will hold 49 per cent. The merged entities to be operational from July 2014.

Commenting on the transaction N Chandrasekaran, CEO and Managing Director, TCS, said, “This strategic transaction signifies our serious commitment to the Japan market. TCS will now have the scale, strong local presence and our full range of global capabilities to serve the Japanese corporations effectively and accelerate our growth in Japan market.

“We deeply value the partnership with Mitsubishi Corporation and look forward to leveraging our mutual strengths in the Japan market,” he added.

The transaction will create a new IT Services company of significant scale in the Japanese market. ITF brings its long standing relationships with Japanese corporations, talented workforce and competencies in industries like retail, distribution and trading.

This will complement TCS’ deep domain knowledge, technology expertise and strong execution track record. TCS’ Global Network Delivery Model capabilities will also enable the Japanese corporations’ globalisation ambitions. The company will provide tremendous additional value to clients in Japan; while employees will secure the advantages of building their careers in a global organisation.

- FE Online

comments powered by Disqus
Featured ad: Discount Shopping
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,277 other followers