Tata Consultancy Services, already the most valued Indian company by market capitalisation and the second most by profitability among private companies, hit a new milestone on Wednesday as its market capitalisation crossed Rs 5 lakh crore mark.
With TCS share prices rising 2.21 per cent to Rs 2,586.9, the market capitalisation of the company soared to Rs 5,06,696 crore. In dollar terms the valuation stood at $84.4 billion. Market experts however feel that the company is still valued lower than its global peers.
“TCS market cap is far less than its global competitor IBM, which is valued at nearly $200 billion,” said Rakesh Tarway, vice-president and head of equity and derivatives, Motilal Oswal Securities.
On Wednesday, the BSE Sensex rose 121 points to close at a new high of 26,147.3, boosted by gains in IT and banking shares on upbeat earnings, robust capital inflows and positive global cues.
In the market-cap ranking, TCS is significantly ahead of runner-up ONGC whose market-cap stood at Rs 3,46,582 crore. The next in line are Reliance Industries (Rs 3,34,055 crore), ITC (Rs 2,80,454 crore) and Coal India (Rs 242,579 crore).
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched