In yet another bid to remove former chairman Cyrus Mistry from boards of its companies, Tata Sons has sought his removal as director of Tata Power. Tata Sons has called for an Extraordinary General Meeting of Tata Power to pass a resolution to remove Mistry as its director.
“The company has received a Special Notice… from Tata Sons, the Company’s promoter and shareholder holding 31.05 per cent of the paid-up equity share capital of the company, for convening an Extraordinary General Meeting of the members of the company for considering and passing Resolution for removal of Cyrus P Mistry as director of the company,” Tata Power said in BSE filing today.
However, the regulatory filings have not divulged details about the schedule of the extraordinary general meeting for the purpose.
Mistry continued to be chairman of several listed companies of the Tata Group even after he was removed as chairman of the holding company, Tata Sons.
Earlier, Tata Power had informed BSE that the board of directors will meet on November 29, 2016.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
During the board meeting, audited financial results for the second quarter and half year of this fiscal would be considered for approval.