Tata Motors today reported over 3-fold jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 5,398.21 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, riding on sharp increase in Jaguar Land Rover sales.
The auto major had posted consolidated net profit of Rs 1,726.07 crore in the April-June period of the 2013-14 fiscal.
Net sales during Q1, 2014-15 increased by 37.18 per cent to Rs 64,150.74 crore, from Rs 46,761.91 crore in the year-ago period, Tata Motors said in a filing to the BSE.
Revenue from the company’s British unit, Jaguar Land Rover went up by 53.89 per cent to Rs 54,425.97 crore in Q1, as against Rs 35,364.97 crore in the year-ago period.
On the other hand, revenue from Tata and other brand vehicles and financing during the quarter were at Rs 9,898.38 crore – down 11.33 per cent from 11,163.9 crore in the same period a year ago.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On a standalone basis, Tata Motors’ net profit declined by 44 per cent to Rs 393.65 crore as against Rs 703.26 crore in the same period a year ago.
Standalone net sales were at Rs 7,612.89 crore in Q1, compared to Rs 9,035.61 crore Q1 of last fiscal.
The company’s standalone sales were at 1,10,612 units of commercial and passenger vehicles, including exports, for the quarter ended June 30, down 28.33 per cent from 1,54,352 units in the corresponding period last year.
Tata Motors shares closed at Rs 447.40 apiece, up 3.33 per cent, on the BSE.