Tata Motors today reported over 3-fold jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 5,398.21 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, riding on sharp increase in Jaguar Land Rover sales.
The auto major had posted consolidated net profit of Rs 1,726.07 crore in the April-June period of the 2013-14 fiscal.
Net sales during Q1, 2014-15 increased by 37.18 per cent to Rs 64,150.74 crore, from Rs 46,761.91 crore in the year-ago period, Tata Motors said in a filing to the BSE.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Revenue from the company’s British unit, Jaguar Land Rover went up by 53.89 per cent to Rs 54,425.97 crore in Q1, as against Rs 35,364.97 crore in the year-ago period.
On the other hand, revenue from Tata and other brand vehicles and financing during the quarter were at Rs 9,898.38 crore – down 11.33 per cent from 11,163.9 crore in the same period a year ago.
On a standalone basis, Tata Motors’ net profit declined by 44 per cent to Rs 393.65 crore as against Rs 703.26 crore in the same period a year ago.
Standalone net sales were at Rs 7,612.89 crore in Q1, compared to Rs 9,035.61 crore Q1 of last fiscal.
The company’s standalone sales were at 1,10,612 units of commercial and passenger vehicles, including exports, for the quarter ended June 30, down 28.33 per cent from 1,54,352 units in the corresponding period last year.
Tata Motors shares closed at Rs 447.40 apiece, up 3.33 per cent, on the BSE.