BY: Jaishree Balasubramanian
Tata Motors MD Karl Slym apparently committed suicide after arguing with his wife and reading a note written by her that referred to “domestic problems”, Thai police said Tuesday.
Police said the three-page handwritten note found in his hotel room was written by his wife Sally. They said Slym could have taken the “extreme step” after reading the note by his wife of 30 years that mentioned “domestic problems”.
“The note was written by Sally Slym. The couple had had an argument. It is her writing,” said Police Lieutenant Somyot Booyakaew, adding it was not a suicide note. He said Slym’s death was not a murder.
Police now believe Slym must have jumped out of an open window in his 22nd floor suite at the Shangri-la Hotel as the opening was too small for a person to slip through and fall. The suite has a huge sealed window overlooking the Chao Praya River and a small window next to it that can be opened.
Slym died from the impact of the fall, which fractured his skull.
With inputs from – PTI
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen